Friday, November 12, 2010

Spinning


The SpinnerWilliam-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825–1905) 

My mind wanders into day dream land while spinning.  The motion, feel of the fiber, rhythm of the wheel and even the small sounds the wheel makes quickly drifts me into day dreaming.  I have found that Spinning has become one of the best ways for me to relax and unwind.  Stress just seems to melt away as the bobbin fills up with the fiber I'm spinning.   I think about what I will make with this new yarn, will it be for me or one of the kids? a hat? scarf? I start planning the pattern and thinking out the design.  I think about goals I want to accomplish and ones I want to start.
Somedays are just full of stress from everyday life and I really have to force myself to let it go.  Spinning has been a blessing for over 15 years now.  I'm sitting here now with such a huge headache wondering why I let it all get to me.  I'm heading towards my wheel now and I'm going to spin up some beautiful Alpaca.


 

No comments: