Monday, July 12, 2010

Our 6 year old Entrepreneur

I am amazed everytime, don't know why, but I am, at how much our children over hear when adults are having a conversation.  As a family we have been discussing the idea of opening a new business for the last month in this economic slump of a time and our 6 year old grand daughter has been in the back ground during our conversations and has picked up a few of her own ideas and has started her own business plan. 
She was caught writing a list on the wall and when asked what she was doing, replied "I'm writing things down for when I open my zoo when I grow up"

Her mom later emailed me with an update to my grand daughters great business plan:
"I did not realize that she has a whole portfolio.  I kid you not.  She
put a lot of work into her plan.  She has the master map of each area,
and then she has little papers for each area on what will be included.
You should see it!  I attached a couple of pictures.  The first one
is her holding her portfolio, the second one shows a picture of the
inside (each of the papers you see is a category of animals), then
there is the front cover of the main map, the inside of the main map,
the outside cover of the "dog" section, the inside of the dog section
which includes a wolf/dog, a wolf, and a fox."

I hope all her dreams come true and that she continues to build her portfolio.  Maybe she will be the youngest zoo owner this world has ever had !

No comments: